Feature Request

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Fri Sep 13 15:04:23 IST 2002

Mqueue.in cleanup... Every now and then I find that performance starts
to lag and when I check into things, I find orphaned df files in
mqueue.in.  Typically these are large files, like today there was 3meg
and 9.9meg I think mailscanner will still try processing these files at
every run even though they don't have an associated qf file.  If you
just run virus scanning you may not notice it, but if using the
SpamChecks, you'll see the slow down in the form of mqueue.in backing
up.

Yeh it might be good to figure out the cause of them but they are so far
and few between that it's not worth it.  My guess is that maybe the df
is locked by sendmail because it's still receiving and mailscanner just
picks up the qf and sends it on.

So the request is to have mailscanner delete the orphans if it happens
upon one.

-=B