what's this VC noise?

Eric H erich at OLYPEN.COM
Fri Sep 13 00:02:45 IST 2002

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Julian Field wrote:

> It's noise from Sophos. I've tried stopping it, but it looks like they
> output to /dev/tty or somewhere like that, which is pretty difficult to
> stop happening.

OK, that's harmless then.

So far, I like Sophos. It seems to work well and installation was easy.

But I doubt my boss is willing to pay the kind of money the Sophos
people were talking about when I called them about licensing yesterday.

Is it possible to use on Open-Source scanner like ClamAV and the
openantivirus.org database? It seems I heard somewhere that someone had
gotten mailscanner and clamav to work together.

Regards,
Eric