First speed test of version 4

Christopher Hicks chicks at CHICKS.NET
Thu Sep 12 15:51:12 IST 2002

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Steve Evans wrote:
> Earlier, Julian Field said:
> > Not quite yet. I've got quite a bit of testing that I want to do on
> > it first, before I let you guys have a play.
>
> This is worse than Christmas.

At least with Christmas we know when the suspense will end!  :)  But while
I sit on my hands, the performance sounds phenomenal.  I've been fighting
the battle of getting my decrepit hardware to withstand mailscanner for
many months now.  I look forward to the relief.

Someone else asked something sorta this, but I haven't seen an answer
yet.... what features were enabled in the comparison?  spamassassin?  rbl?
What if you ran the new one before the old one?  Could the DNS caching
make the results mis-leading?

--
</chris>

Camels may be nasty beasts, but they're the only way to get through the
desert.