Spam Actions

Matt hciss at HCIWS.COM
Wed Sep 11 15:42:21 IST 2002

> >Bounce the message referencing the blacklist if SA doesn't qualify it as
> >spam. Don't bounce when SA says it's spam.
>
> I'm starting to regret this....
> I need to keep it relatively simple or else no-one will ever work out how
> to use it, which is worse than doing nothing. I've got a fairly clear idea
> of what I want to do, which will hopefully keep most of you happy most of
> the time. If it detected as spam, add "bounce" to the list of things you
> can do, but allow you to put the contents of the X-MailScanner-SpamCheck
> header in the message (excluding all the SA rule hits).
>
> I hope that's good enough for most of you :-)

Ugh, I here you.  Originally I just wanted a plain bounce that looked like
it was done with sendmail and the connection was rejected due to ordb or
spamcop.  I don't want to use it with SpamAssassin really.  So many other
good idea's now.  Still I think its best to keep it simple.  I have never
heard of more then one email address in the from line.  I would say just
delete it if so.  If it is actually a forged from address and we bounce to
some innocent email address there is not much we can do, it happens.  The
guy is going to get lots of nasty emails due to the spam anyway.  No
different then a virus forging the from line.  Normally on bounces there is
a form letter that states what went wrong and the original message is sent
as an attachment.  That sounds good to me.

Matt