ANNOUNCE: 3.22-13 released

Eric H erich at OLYPEN.COM
Tue Sep 10 23:58:02 IST 2002

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Julian Field wrote:

> At 11:26 10/09/2002, you wrote:
> >Hi Julian,
> >I'm new to the list and to MailScanner. Thanks for the program.
> >I just recently installed MailScanner (about a week ago). Are there any
> >upgrading instructions? I did'nt see any on your site.
>
> Save a copy of your mailscanner.conf somewhere safe.
> rpm -Uvh mailscanner-3.22-13.i386.rpm

How about if you can't or don't want to use rpm? Could you briefly
summarize the upgrade process?

I fall into both categories, I can't use rpm because it's broken on
my RedHat 6.2 system and just dumps core all the time, and I don't
want to use it because depending on rpm makes the overall system more
complicated with more dependencies and more things to potentially go
wrong, not a good thing if I'm going to eventually deploy mailscanner
on a production system. Especially since rpm has demonstrated that it
is prone to breaking, no way I want to depend on it.

Eric