Log level setting in Sendmail to use sendmail.log.pl and get results

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Mon Sep 9 00:44:55 IST 2002

What version of MailScanner are you running?  It seems like the older versions required syslogd to be run with a -r parameter.

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Brian Chivers
Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2002 5:11 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Log level setting in Sendmail to use sendmail.log.pl and get
results

As you may have seen I have asked for help getting the sendmail.log.pl
script working. I think I can seem to workout is how the script detects the
virus's in the log file.

>From my limited knowledge of perl it look like the script looks for
`/mailscanner/` but I have looked through the file manually and I can't find
this.

What I'd like to know is what should the log level be set to in the sendmail
option's ? currently ours is set to 9 and as I didn't set this up I'm not
sure what all the options are.

Can anyone help, what level does everyone else have it set to ?

Brian Chivers

believed to be clean.