Maps-RBL+ question

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Sep 6 17:33:51 IST 2002

At 10:31 06/09/2002, you wrote:
>I have recently installed and successfully configured MailScanner,
>along with SA and very impressed I am too.

:-)

>Within the MailScanner config I have enabled maps-rbl+ to point
>to rbl-plus.mail-abuse.ja.net this was previously checked from
>within Sendmail.  Am I correct in thinking that my MTA will now
>pass messages from maps-rbl+ listed hosts, but tag them as
>{SPAM?} - If this is the case would I not be better performing the
>check within sendmail, thus reducing the number of messages
>being sent to my users.

If you want to completely stop all delivery of messages from maps-rbl+
hosts, then do it in sendmail. From there, the only thing you can do is
either deliver it ditch it.

If you want to deliver it but have it {SPAM?}-tagged as well, then you will
have to do that within MailScanner.

It's not your MTA that is adding the {SPAM?} tags, it's MailScanner.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ