Skilled spammers

Bruno Melloni x.mailscanner.mail at MELLONI.COM
Fri Sep 6 14:37:49 IST 2002

MailScanner + SpamAssassin is very effective at blocking my spam (I use the SA default of 5 rather
than the recommended 9 - I pretty much don't get false positives so 5 is fine for me).  But even with
such a tight level of control there is a small number (bellnexia, junum, qves, equalamail,
specialfunoffers, kali) of frequent-spammers that tweak their junk in a way that they usually get
tagged below 5 (typically around 4.6).  These spammers also heavily fake their header information,
so that blacklisting them took several tries and I ended up having to do it by blocking their subnets.

What(where?) is the best way to report these spammers so that they will be intercepted by future
Mailscanner and SpamAssassin releases?

Bruno