Sophos autoupdate failing on install

Matt Doherty Matthew_doherty at DATAWATCH.COM
Thu Sep 5 14:25:03 IST 2002

Heres a clip of what Julian Mentioned before about that issue..

[SNIP]
At 13:39 05/08/2002, you wrote:
>My Sophos 3.57 got out of date, so decided to install 3.59 and also
>upgraded my Mailscanner to 3.22-10

Did you install Sophos 3.59 using my
/usr/local/MailScanner/bin/Sophos.install script?

>All works fine, but i get error when i'm trying to download ide files
>using mailscanner's autoupdate for sophos {noticed that sophos don't
>provide any update script with their virus scanner}
>
>Could not calculate Sophos version number, Bad file descriptor at
>./autoupdate line 77.

Delete everything under /usr/local/Sophos (except /usr/local/Sophos/bin/*)
and install it using my Sophos.install script. That does an "autoupdate" as
its last action.
--
Julian Field Teaching Systems Manager
jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk Dept. of Electronics & Computer Science