version 4 config

Lewis Bergman lbergman at wtxs.net
Thu Oct 31 17:31:24 GMT 2002

All went well in my upgrade thanks to Julian's outstanding work. But, due to
my thick low IQ and trying to do this very early I am confused.

I am a little stuck on the format of the rulesets. I have seen "FromTo:",
"FromorTo:", and "Fromorto" all used. Is one as proper as another or will one
of these not be scanned? It seemed to me that they all work.

The other question is on the "Spam List = " ruleset. What would be the general
form of this?

I currently have several list configured as such:
Spam List = ORDB-RBL Infinite-Monkeys osiru sbl njabl dynablock blackholes

I would like to use all those by default on all incoming mail and on no
outgoing if that is possible. I also want to not check one specific address
at all so that if someone gets really peeved they can tell me so. I was doing
all this in sendmail but decided to give MailScanner a go. I guess I could
use IP's here for simplicity? Do all the lists go on one line seperated by a
space as in MailScanner.conf?
Is the following even close and if so where do the list names go?

From:   65.170.187.     no
To:             default         yes
--
Lewis Bergman