SV: Thoughts about Perl and up2date in RH

Hendrik den Hartog hden at KCBBS.GEN.NZ
Wed Oct 30 20:33:52 GMT 2002

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 05:21:40PM +0100, Anders Andersson, IT wrote:

> And they way to be sure is?
> Tried CPAN once and everything broke so I
> really dont like the thought having to use that again.
> I can only hope RH made a safe upgrade instead
> of downgrade.

  In my experience, using cpan and not being careful about the paths
  and destination directories can break things on RH, as the default
  directories/paths differ to those used by the rpm installations.

Cheers!
Hendrik