Sophos autoupdate script and proxy servers

Brian Chivers brian at PORTSMOUTH-COLLEGE.AC.UK
Wed Oct 30 12:02:11 GMT 2002

I'm sorry if this is slightly of topic but I'm not sure who else to ask.

We currently run Mailscanner on our email gateway with great success and every night it happily goes off and get the latest ide's from Sophos. We are now planning on installing and running Sophos on all our internal server.

The problem is that the machines have no direct connection to the web only via our proxy server that requires authentication.
Could someone tell me how to alter the autoupdate script to do this or would it be easier to copy the file from the mail gateway onto the internal machines, if this is the case which directories / files should I copy over ?

Thanks in advance
Brian Chivers
(A Very confused Support Officer :-) )

believed to be clean.