MailScanner is looking for Sophos

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 29 17:00:52 GMT 2002

Are you starting it up correctly (by using the "check_MailScanner" script)?
It might not be reading your MailScanner.conf file at all otherwise.

At 16:45 29/10/2002, you wrote:
>Hi, I have a Redhat 7.1 box running sendmail 8.9.3, MailScanner 4.02-2, and
>f-prot.
>
>The follow message is appearing at the shell prompt every time MailScanner
>is invoked to scan mails...

>[root at ns0 etc]# /usr/lib/MailScanner/sophos-wrapper:
>/usr/local/Sophos/bin/sweep: No such file or directory
>/usr/lib/MailScanner/sophos-wrapper: exec: /usr/local/Sophos/bin/sweep:
>cannot execute: No such file or directory

I would expect that command to fail as you don't have Sophos installed, and
you just asked it to run it.

>At the mailscanner.conf file i have this line:
>Virus Scanners = f-prot

Check it is reading your MailScanner.conf file. Try throwing a syntax error
in it and see if it reports the error (probably in your maillog). Or even
better, just do an "ls -alu" on the conf file to tell you when it was last
read.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ