Directorys in /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming

Ant La Porte ant at DVERE.NET
Mon Oct 28 20:25:34 GMT 2002

Julian Field said:
> At 18:24 28/10/2002, you wrote:

>> /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming, but are not being cleaned up on a
>> restart or stop - is this as it should be?.
>> restart parts of /etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner
>> >
>> > What do you think? Would you like me to extend the init.d script so
>> that it clears out MailScanner/incoming? Any good reasons for *not*
>> doing it?
>> >
>>It would seem to me that the only pid files that should be there are
>> those associated with what should be an active instance of MailScanner.
>> The way it appears to work now the list of pid files will essentially
>> grow without bound
>
> I'm not sure quite why this is. Need to take a look at the forking code
> again.

If it's any help I was seeing this behaviour up untill 4.01-8. Since then
the only directories in /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming correspond to the
active processes (same for the files in /opt/MailScanner/var). I'm using
the tarball version and check_mailscanner, modified to give options to
start|stop|restart but not so far that it intentionally deletes these
files and directories.

--
Ant La Porte - Dvere Network Services