what does this error mean

Andrew G Allen mail at projectandrew.com
Sat Oct 26 16:47:12 IST 2002

I have found I have two versions of perl on my system...

/usr/bin/perl -v = 5.6.0 which was installed as a Red Hat rpm
/usr/local/bin/perl -v = 5.8.0 which CPAN auto installed :(

Is there a correct way to remove 5.8.0? I have no problems at the moment,
as everything seems to be working without any problems. Is there any
advantage to having two installations, and what problems could be caused?

Andrew G Allen
email: mail at projectandrew.com | voice: +44 (0) 7958 540596

--- Disclaimer ---
addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
system manager.