Scan incoming only

fong fong at SHUNKAM.COM
Fri Oct 25 08:54:58 IST 2002

Thanks ...

I try but it can't.

I set mailscanner.conf to:

Deliver From Local Domains = no
Deliver To Recipients = yes

For my case, I only want:
Incoming email - If any executable files send, it should block and notify
sender and recipient.

Outcoming email - If any executable files send, only sender should be
notice. But now both of them receive notice.

Much thanks...
Fong Cheang

----- Original Message -----
From: "Remco Barendse" <mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO>
To: <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 3:10 PM
Subject: Re: Scan incoming only

> Hello Fong
>
> in your mailscanner.conf :
> Deliver From Local Domains = no
>
> this should stop local virus notifications from  getting out
>
> On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, fong wrote:
>
> > I using mailscanner-3.23-5.i386.
> >
> > In the rules set, I was setting to block some extension files(e.g exe),
so that any email through mailscanner to send will be scanned.

> > I have a problem is when a email incoming with a attachment file (exe),
this mail will be blocked and reply a email to sender and receiptor which
was blocked. On the other hand, when I outgoing a email from our server, it
also send a notify to sender and receiptor, so that the receptor will know
our sent out email may have problems.

> > Now, I don't want to notify the receiptor, only block our email if have
any problem which are send out from our mail server.