Problem when detecting a virus

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Oct 23 13:51:36 IST 2002

At 12:41 23/10/2002, you wrote:
>Using: mailscanner-4.01-8, RedHat 8
>When a virus is detected, mailscanner seems to think it is clean and
>delivers the virus to the recipient and doesn't inform the administrator
>that anything happened.  Could this be a problem with my scanner
>(kaspersky)?  I didn't see any one else having this problem on the list.

This does indeed sound like a kaspersky problem.
Have you tried
         cd /tmp
         /usr/lib/MailScanner/kaspersky-wrapper -IO .
to see if it detects a virus okay? (Don't forget the "." on its own at the
end of the command)

Can you put a couple of viruses into /tmp (preferably one in a zip file and
one not) and send me the output of the above command?
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ