IO/Wrap.pm

Matthijs Althoff scouty at BROMBERG.DEMON.NL
Tue Oct 22 23:41:42 IST 2002

Hi Julian,

>># perl --version
>>This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for i386-linux
>>My sysem is automated updated with RedHat up2date and is running the
>>latest Perl available for RedHat 6.2

>Compare the output of your "locate" command with the contents of @INC and
>you will see the problem.

Yep found it. only pest is it conflicts with Perl and it was a
hell to remove V4 after I got double RPM files installed. After
an hour the system has been cleaned and I returned to 3.24-1.

Well my Server is not from this time and I have been looking
for excuses not to update the OS RH 6.2 is old but suits the
needs I had and kept it very well updated with up2date. It seems
Perl is the pest along with other hick-ups incompatible old gcc)
Now I have an excuse to get some new hardware in house, get the
RH 8 ISO files (been looking at the 8.0 discussion on the forum)
and build the new server with V4. That will be me entertained
for a few evenings ;-)

Thank you for your quick respons, sometimes I wonder what
Julian does besides working on this wonderful Mail-Scanner ;-)