ANNOUNCE: more bug fixes

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 22 22:38:41 IST 2002

I have just done some more testing and it is indeed still not behaving
itself. I think I've been staring at this too long!

I have also found a little problem in what the report messages say that the
scanner produced. It will take out "." characters from the reports, and not
properly remove the message id from the path.

I'll issue -8 before I go to bed (now 10:15pm here).

At 21:26 22/10/2002, you wrote:
>At 20:50 22/10/2002, you wrote:
>>On 22 Oct 2002 21:47:38 +0200, Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>
>>wrote:
>> > Yes. If "Deliver Cleaned Messages" was set to "no", it was deleting the
>> > message to stop it being delivered. That also stopped any
>> > warnings/notifications being sent about it.
>> >
>> > It still gets deleted but another flags "stillwarn" gets set which
>> triggers
>> > the warnings/notifications to still be sent even after the message is
>> > deleted. "deleted" isn't as major as it sounds, it just deletes the
>> message
>> > off disk and sets a flag in the data structure.
>>
>>One small side-effect with the EICAR test: the sender gets notified (good),
>>the intended recipient doesn't (good), the postmaster doesn't (bad). In
>>case of a Silent Virus, the sender does not get notified (good), the
>>recipient does not get notified (good), but the postmaster does (good).
>
>Try what I've just posted on the web site.
>If you want to do it by hand, change MessageBatch.pm line 561 from
>     next if $message->{deleted} || !$message->{stillwarn};
>     next if $message->{deleted} && !$message->{stillwarn};
>
>--
>Julian Field                Teaching Systems Manager
>jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk         Dept. of Electronics & Computer Science
>Tel. 023 8059 2817          University of Southampton
>                             Southampton SO17 1BJ

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ