V4 Buglets?

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Tue Oct 22 21:41:12 IST 2002

1) You have them because of the way MS is killed.  You should be able to
deleted (after shutting down MS).  Anything in them shouldn't matter
because I don't believe MS deletes the files from the mqueue.in until
it's processed them so any temp files will just be recreated when MS
starts again.

2) Mother and children.  Someone has to keep track of the brats.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Nitschke [mailto:email at ace.net.au]
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 4:27 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: V4 Buglets?

MS V4.6
RH7.3 with all updates.

1) I am getting a build up of empty directories in
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming

2) I have weird things happening with MS children

I have the standard 5 specified, ps ax shows 6 running, is that 1 parent
and 5 children?

If I do /etc/init.d/rc.d/MailScanner stop   I get:
MailScanner:  We haven't got any child processes, which isn't right!, No
child processes at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 190. We haver just tried
to reap a process which wasn't one of ours!, No child processes at
/usr/sbin/MailScanner line 193.

If I run it a 2nd time, no errors and it reports OK as opposed to FAILED
which it should report if it succeeded the first time.  Subsequent
running reports FAILED as it should.

Peter