V4 Buglets?

Peter Nitschke email at ace.net.au
Tue Oct 22 21:27:26 IST 2002

MS V4.6
RH7.3 with all updates.

1) I am getting a build up of empty directories in
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming

2) I have weird things happening with MS children

I have the standard 5 specified, ps ax shows 6 running, is that 1 parent
and 5 children?

If I do /etc/init.d/rc.d/MailScanner stop   I get:
MailScanner:  We haven't got any child processes, which isn't right!, No
child processes at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 190.
We haver just tried to reap a process which wasn't one of ours!, No child
processes at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 193.

If I run it a 2nd time, no errors and it reports OK as opposed to FAILED
which it should report if it succeeded the first time.  Subsequent running
reports FAILED as it should.

Peter