MailScanner and Sophos - missing main virus data

Joel Colvin joelc at CTCHOUSTON.COM
Tue Oct 22 21:27:12 IST 2002

Thanks, you put me on the right track.  I think I had a lingering
problem from before I discovered the Sophos.install script.  I just
completely deleted /usr/local/Sophos and re-ran Sophos.install and now
things are as they should be.

Joel

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Michael Janssen
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 3:09 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: MailScanner and Sophos - missing main virus data

Hello Jeol,

what happens when you start sweep via the sophoswrapper? This script is
in the Sophos/bin directory and sets the environment for MS.

Take a look if vdl.dat (main virus data ...) in Sophos/lib is correctly
linked against the recent vdl-3.62(or somewhat).dat and that the link
Sophos/ide directs to the ide-dir (names contains of Sophosversion and
date).

I have made experiences, that Sophos might complain about seemingly
correct links. Delete and relink them (and move and remove the files)
had helped me.

regards
Michael