RaQ4 Continued

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 22 18:50:15 IST 2002

At 17:36 22/10/2002, you wrote:
> > ok after some beating I have managed to get it to install on a stock
> > RaQ4 - it requires some patience and some sym linking which I will try
> > and detail for anyone else once I get it to finally work.  At the moment
> > I am getting this error
> >
> > ct 22 09:18:50 localhost MailScanner[13690]: Using locktype = flock
> > Oct 22 17:18:52 localhost sendmail[13621]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root):
> > opendaemonsocket: daemon MTA: cannot bind: Address already in use
> > Oct 22 17:18:52 localhost sendmail[13621]: daemon MTA: problem creating
> > SMTP socket
> > Oct 22 17:18:57 localhost sendmail[13621]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root):
> > opendaemonsocket: daemon MTA: cannot bind: Address already in use
> > Oct 22 17:18:57 localhost sendmail[13621]: daemon MTA: problem creating
> > SMTP socket
> >
> > I also can't get the /etc/rc.d/init.d/Milscanner stop to work either
> > though the line kill `ls | grep '^MailScanner.' | sed -e
> > 's/MailScanner.//g'` does work manually just not in the script.
> >
> > Any ideas anyone
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Gavin
> >
>Gavin
>
>When I get this on my RaQ4, I go into the GUI and take the tick out of Email
>server, save changes and then re-enable it. Restart mailscanner. that
>normally does the trick.

The message "daemon MTA: problem creating SMTP socket" means that another
sendmail process is running and is listening on the SMTP port already. You
need to ensure that the original sendmail is firmly switched off. The tick
in the GUI should do the job.

If you can produce a list of instructions for Raq4 users, it would be much
appreciated. I'll post it on the website for you. If you need some help
sorting it out, give me a shout. That way everyone will benefit sooner.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ