F-Secure

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 22 16:17:29 IST 2002

At 15:44 22/10/2002, you wrote:
>On Martedì, ott 22, 2002, at 16:14 Europe/Rome, Julian Field wrote:
>>
>>I've just cleaned up this error message quite a bit. At the end of it,
>>there's a URL of the web page you need to read that will explain about
>>the very last setting in the conf file and what you need to set it to. To
>>save you hunting for it, you need to read
>>http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/codestatus.shtml
>>--
>>Julian Field                Teaching Systems Manager
>>jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk         Dept. of Electronics & Computer Science
>>Tel. 023 8059 2817          University of Southampton
>>                             Southampton SO17 1BJ
>>

>Sorry for my misunderstanding, but I supposed that setting the Minimum
>Code Status = beta in /etc/mailScanner/MailScanner.conf  (which I did)
>would suppress the messages and let the F-secure antivirus run - same way
>as McAfee does.
>Having set  Virus Scanners = f-secure, I don't have mail delivered and a
>flood of messages in stdout.

Check that /usr/lib/MailScanner/f-secure-wrapper points at your
installation of F-Secure, and that running
         /usr/lib/MailScanner/f-secure-wrapper /tmp
does something sensible. Then you should just need to set "Minimum Code
Status = beta" at the end of MailScanner.conf and restart it and it should
work okay.

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ