Preferred Blacklists?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 22 14:59:51 IST 2002

FWIW I use ORDB, Infinite-Monkeys, spamcop.net and MAPS-RBL+.

Don't use too many as you will just stop accepting mail from anyone :-)

Oh, if you fancy a laugh, have you heard of MessageLabs (they flog an
extremely expensive email virus scanning "managed service")? Well their
servers got put in spamcop.net yesterday, so loads of companies lost all
their outgoing email down the toilet.

I can never quite believe it, but MessageLabs charge $10 per user per *month*.

At 14:44 22/10/2002, you wrote:
>Just a quick poll to anyone: what blacklists are you using?
>
>I've found a pretty comprehensive list of DNS-Based blacklists here:
>http://www.declude.com/junkmail/support/ip4r.htm
>
>And a comparison of some of them:
>http://www.sdsc.edu/~jeff/spam/Blacklists_Compared.html
>
>Should it be a case of use as many as you can, or are there some
>particular ones that are 'highly recommended'?
>
>Regards,
>
>Andrew G Allen
>email: mail at projectandrew.com | voice: +44 (0) 7958 540596
>
>--- Disclaimer ---
>This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
>intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
>addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
>system manager.
>

>--
>This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous
>content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ