F-Secure

Emanuele Salvador lele at PROFIM.FLORIDA.IT
Tue Oct 22 15:04:45 IST 2002

On Martedì, ott 22, 2002, at 15:44 Europe/Rome, Julian Field wrote:

> At 14:20 22/10/2002, you wrote:
>> I recently decided to switch from my amavis-based mail system to
>> mailscanner, most of all for the anti-spam features.
>> Anyway I'm not able to use f-secure antivirus software; I downloaded
>> 30
>> minutes ago the latest release, but it still doesn't work - BTW, I
>> tried to change the Minimum Code Status to alpha, beta and
>> unsupported,
>> but with no results...any suggestions?
>
> What errors are you getting? Does the f-secure-wrapper work? What
> version
> of MailScanner are you using? Tar or RPM distribution?
> --

The f-secure-wrapper works (reports F-secure  R.4.15 build 4370):
MailScanner I use is 4.01.-6, RPM distribution;

When I send an eicar test, I get on stdout a FATAL: Encountered code
that does not meet acceptable stability at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/mailScanner/SweepViruses.pm line 1241; this at the
end of a series of "Scanner "x" (x stands for panda, f-prot, kaspersky
etc, which BTW are not enabled in MailScanner.conf) scanning code
status 4 at /usr/lib/MailScanner/mailScanner/SweepViruses.pm line 1239.

Thanks,
Emanuele

> Julian Field                Teaching Systems Manager
> jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk         Dept. of Electronics & Computer Science
> Tel. 023 8059 2817          University of Southampton
>                             Southampton SO17 1BJ

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
- Albert Einstein