Problems after updating to 4.01-5

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 22 13:57:59 IST 2002

Ah, ok.

Found the problem. I've removed all that "dumping status information" code
as well, it just generates a huge amount of meaningless (to you) output
that doesn't help any, except hide the real error message.

Fix will be in 4.01-7.

But in the mean time, if you could give it a try (it's right at the bottom
of SweepViruses.pm) I would really appreciate it:

sub CheckCodeStatus {
   my($codestatus) = @_;

   my($allowedlevel);
   my $statusname = MailScanner::Config::Value('minimumcodestatus');

   $allowedlevel = $S_SUPPORTED;
   $allowedlevel = $S_BETA        if $statusname =~ /^beta/i;
   $allowedlevel = $S_ALPHA       if $statusname =~ /^alpha/i;
   $allowedlevel = $S_UNSUPPORTED if $statusname =~ /^unsup/i;
   $allowedlevel = $S_NONE        if $statusname =~ /^none/i;

   return 1 if $codestatus>=$allowedlevel;

   MailScanner::Log::WarnLog("FATAL: Encountered code that does not meet " .
                             "configured acceptable stability");
   MailScanner::Log::DieLog("FATAL: *Please go and READ* " .
       "http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/codestatus.shtml" .
       " as it will tell you what to do.");
}

I had hoped that most of these problems would have been found during all
the alpha-testing, so that this would have been fixed weeks ago. Apparently
not :-(

At 12:42 22/10/2002, you wrote:
> > And if you just leave the code alone and edit the conf file like you're
> > supposed to?
>
>Hey, when I said 'code', I meant the 'Minimum Code Status' option in the
>MailScanner.conf configuration file as specified on the page you pointed
>out..... I'm not trying to do anything here expect point out a possible
>bug, and make an already excellent package even better.
>
>Andrew G Allen
>email: mail at projectandrew.com | voice: +44 (0) 7958 540596
>
>--- Disclaimer ---
>This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
>intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
>addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
>system manager.
>

>--
>This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous
>content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ