Checking for strings in outbound mail

Chris Campbell Chris.Campbell at FAC.COM
Tue Oct 22 12:41:51 IST 2002

I have done this with SpamAssassin. Basically...here is a snip of my
spam.assassin.prefs.conf

full  FREE_TEEN /free teen/i
describe FREE_TEEN   profanity email
score  FREE_TEEN 50.0

This basically says, give any email with the string "free porn" anywhere in
the email a score of 50.
If anyone needs anymore help, don't be afraid to ask for some more help :)

Christopher S. Campbell
UNIX Admin
First Albany Corp
chris.campbell at fac.com

                    Richard Heggs
                    <Richard.Heggs at NOTTINGHAMCI       To:     MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
                    TY.GOV.UK>                        cc:
                    Sent by: MailScanner              Subject:     Re: Checking for strings in outbound mail
                    mailing list
                    <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK

                    10/22/2002 04:34 AM
                    Please respond to
                    MailScanner mailing list

Hi list,

I'm looking at replacing our current proprietary mail scanner (MailSweeper)
with an open source alternative, and MailScanner looks like it might do the
job.  One of the requirements I have is that incoming and outgoing mail
have to
be scanned for objectionable content (read: naughty words :) and redirected
a holding queue if the scan is positive.

I'm not sure if MailSacnner/SpamAssassin can do this, but I'd appreciate
some
pointers if anyone has any... my requirement seems similar to Remco
Barendese's
and Sean Emery's.

Thanks :)

Quoting Remco Barendse <mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO>:

> Hi!
>
> I have the same need, I need it to kill privacy sensitive Delivery Status
> Notifications that MS Exchange generates.
<snip>
> On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Sean Embry wrote:
>
> > I have a need to check outbound mail (mail FROM my site TO the world)
> > and see if it contains a specific string. Can I do that with MS and
Spam
> > Assassin? If so, can I be blessed with a <THAWP> from a clue stick as
> > how to go about that?

<snip>

--
Richard Heggs
Systems Analyst

views which are not the views of Nottingham City Council unless
specifically
stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your
system,
do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance
on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that Nottingham City
Council monitors e-mails sent or received. Further communication will
signify your consent to this.