Checking for strings in outbound mail

Richard Heggs Richard.Heggs at NOTTINGHAMCITY.GOV.UK
Tue Oct 22 09:34:33 IST 2002

Hi list,

I'm looking at replacing our current proprietary mail scanner (MailSweeper)
with an open source alternative, and MailScanner looks like it might do the
job.  One of the requirements I have is that incoming and outgoing mail have to
be scanned for objectionable content (read: naughty words :) and redirected to
a holding queue if the scan is positive.

I'm not sure if MailSacnner/SpamAssassin can do this, but I'd appreciate some
pointers if anyone has any... my requirement seems similar to Remco Barendese's
and Sean Emery's.

Thanks :)

Quoting Remco Barendse <mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO>:

> Hi!
>
> I have the same need, I need it to kill privacy sensitive Delivery Status
> Notifications that MS Exchange generates.
<snip>
> On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Sean Embry wrote:
>
> > I have a need to check outbound mail (mail FROM my site TO the world)
> > and see if it contains a specific string. Can I do that with MS and Spam
> > Assassin? If so, can I be blessed with a <THAWP> from a clue stick as to
> > how to go about that?

<snip>

--
Richard Heggs
Systems Analyst

views which are not the views of Nottingham City Council unless specifically
stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system,
do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance
on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that Nottingham City
Council monitors e-mails sent or received. Further communication will
signify your consent to this.