Still catching "Possible Microsoft security vulnerability attack"

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Sat Oct 19 23:15:25 IST 2002

Julian Field wrote:

> At 21:22 19/10/2002, you wrote:
> >By the way, I am using 4.00.0a13-1, and I don't have a mailscanner.conf
> >file except in the old 3.25 source tree. I'm including a copy of one of
> >the bounce messages below.
>
> So you're running version 4 with *all* the default values? You must be very
> trusting of my definition of "sensible default" values!

First, let me say that I probably would trust your decisions on defaults most of the time, but in this
case I was just following the script. Well, actually I had found that I needed to manually delete each
component in reverse order, then install in order, and always add --nodeps to the actual mailscanner
install.

My sequence is one based on your first install script from two weeks ago, the weekend when you had a new
version for me to install every few hours.

But really, I must have had a typo before my last message, because I do seem to have an
/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf to work with, and I will attempt to figure out how to address the
iFrame stuff there.

Van

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,