Many df* & qf* Files in the quarantine directory

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl
Fri Oct 18 08:10:44 IST 2002

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 21:33:18 +0100, you wrote:

>At 20:35 17/10/2002, you wrote:
>>   I just today implemented the mailscanner-3.24-1 rpm on a fresh Red Hat
>> 8.0 box. I have chosen to "store" all spam for now until we are
>> comfortable it is doing what we want. I am looking in the
>> /var/spool/MailScanner/<Today'sDate>/ directory and am finding a great
>> deal of df* & qf* files along with the directories I was expecting.
>
>Have you told it to quarantine the entire message? If so, it does it by
>just storing the qf and df pair.

Regarding quarantining complete messages. I am running MS 3.22 on a
Linux 2.4 (Suse) with sendmail 8.11.6.
I my conf-file I have:
Quarantine Dir     = /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine
Quarantine Whole Message = yes

If I go to /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/<date>/<QID>/ I find two
files. One file with the attachment (filename = name of attachment) and
one file named message. This file contains the complete message and not
the df and qf pair.

The good thing about this is I can just do
sendmail -F"[full-name]" -f[sender] [recipient] < message

--
Peter Peters
senior netwerkbeheerder,  Centrum voor Informatievoorziening,