SpamAssassin logs

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Oct 18 00:14:21 IST 2002

At 23:47 17/10/2002, you wrote:
>This might be a dumb question, but if you "Log Spam = yes", where does
>it log to. I see nothing in /var/log/maillog??
>

>/usr/local/MailScanner/etc/mailscanner.conf "Log Spam = yes"

Check your /etc/syslog.conf to see if mail.info is being logged to
/var/log/maillog. All the logging is done through syslog.

It follows my usual principle of "if someone else has spent 10 (or more)
years getting something just right, they are a whole lot better at it than
I am, so I'll just leave them to do it". This is also why, for example,
MailScanner doesn't try to talk SMTP or deliver mail.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ