FollowUp: SV: SV: SV: SV: Spamassassin and header tagging

Jim Levie jim at ENTROPHY-FREE.NET
Wed Oct 16 14:53:38 IST 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 06:08, Anders Andersson, IT wrote:
> Hi
> I noticed that even if the score is 34 it will only put 20 sss...
> in the header, I that because the
> #high spamassassin score = 20  ?
> Just curiouse...

I limited the max number of 's's to be twenty, just in case I got some
absurd score from SpamAssassin. My experience is that scores of 20 more
are always spam and I couldn't conceive of a case where one would want
to tell a client filter to keep things marked with a score of greater
than 20 and less than some higher score. I suspect that in most cases a
user is going to want to do something like (in pseudo code):

if('X-MailScanner-SpamScore' eq 'ssssssssss')
  discard
elseif('X-MailScanner-SpamScore' eq 's')
  fileinto Spam
else
  keep
--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed
RedHat.