Deleting Known Spam

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Oct 16 09:33:47 IST 2002

At 23:20 15/10/2002, you wrote:
>Was just wondering if it's possible to have a rule that just deletes spam if
>it is listed in a list much like the whitelist.rules and blacklist.rules.
>
>We get repeted spam from certain email addresses and it makes it through the
>MS/SA checks and gets delivered anyway. It would be nice just to delete it.

In version 4, you could specify a "delete" spam action for each of the
addresses in question. But are they really using the same envelope sender
address (as opposed to whatever they happen to put in the headers)? They
aren't very good at spamming if they do :-)

I would do it in sendmail, personally.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ