SV: SV: SV: Spamassassin and header tagging

Jim Levie jim at ENTROPHY-FREE.NET
Tue Oct 15 17:29:01 IST 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 10:18, Anders Andersson, IT wrote:

> That could be a nice solution, but since Im not to good at
> those things I have to look in to it and do a test first.
> heck, what can go wrong accept that I have to reinstall the comp again  =)

I've updated my patch for the 3.24-1 distribution, but it can be used
against the previous (3.23-5) or the current version (3.24-1) of
MailScanner. It's pretty simple to apply, after downloading the tar
sources do:

chaos> tar xof MailScanner-3.24-1.tar
chaos> cd MailScanner-3.24-1
chaos> patch -p1 </path-to/spam-score.patch
patching file mailscanner/bin/config.pl
patching file mailscanner/bin/mailscanner
patching file mailscanner/bin/sendmail.pl
patching file mailscanner/etc/mailscanner.conf
patching file mailscanner/etc/mailscanner.conf.linux
patching file mailscanner/etc/mailscanner.conf.solaris

If you already have MailScanner-3.23-5 or 3.24-1 installed, after
patching you can copy the changed Perl files (config.pl, mailscanner, &
sendmail.pl) to where MailScanner is installed (save a copy of the old
files just in case and stop MailScanner). Save your existing
mailscanner.conf and copy the appropriate conf file (Linux or Solaris)
to your installation dir. Then edit the new config file to match your
existing configuration. This process might look something like:

chaos# cd /opt/MailScanner
chaos# cp bin/config.pl bin/config.pl.orig
chaos# cp bin/mailscanner bin/mailscanner.orig
chaos# cp bin/sendmail.pl bin/sendmail.pl.orig
chaos# cp etc/mailscanner.conf etc/mailscanner.conf.orig
chaos# cd MailScanner-3.24-1
chaos# cp bin/config.pl bin/mailscanner bin/sendmail.pl \
> /opt/MailScanner/bin
chaos# cp etc/mailscanner.conf.linux /opt/MailScanner/etc
...edit mailscanner.conf to match what's in mailscanner.conf.orig...

Restart MailScanner and you should be in business.

--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat
jim at entrophy-free.net