MX

David Lee t.d.lee at DURHAM.AC.UK
Tue Oct 15 10:19:50 IST 2002

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Tony Johansson wrote:

> I was wondering, is there really no way to force sendmail/mailscanner to
> deliver mail to a specific ip-address?
> Does it always use the MX for the domain? (I'm trying to avoid the whole
> packet filter/hide primary MX etc thing)

This sounds like a straight sendmail question: "How can I deliver all
email for a certain domain '... at some.dom.ain' to a certain place?".  In
which case, see the sendmail documentation (and use the sendmail email
lists and news groups), rather than this mailscanner list.

But you mention mailscanner and filter.  Are you, perhaps, trying to ask a
more subtle question?  Something like "For a given user/domain, how can I
divert mail tagged by MS to a different location?".  While that, too, is
much more a sendmail (rather than MS) question, it might nevertheless be
relevant here.  (It's actually a question I'm trying to address locally.)

Hope that helps.