MX

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 15 10:05:19 IST 2002

At 09:48 15/10/2002, you wrote:
>I was wondering, is there really no way to force sendmail/mailscanner to
>deliver mail to a specific ip-address?

MailScanner doesn't get involved in the delivery of cleaned-up mail at all.
That is entirely down to sendmail. In sendmail you can specify a
"smarthost" so that it will send all non-local mail there, and you can
specify a "mailhub" where it will send all mail.

I suggest you read www.sendmail.org, or the O'Reilly sendmail book.

>Does it always use the MX for the domain? (I'm trying to avoid the whole
>packet filter/hide primary MX etc thing)

No.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ