Turn off Virus?

Kris Stumpner kris at JUMPOUT.ORG
Mon Oct 14 18:08:41 IST 2002

did you try removing all the contents of the filenames.rules.conf file?

Kris

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Bill Anderson
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 12:03 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [MAILSCANNER] Turn off Virus?

Filename Rule = no does not work.  I am running v3.23-4 and when I change
that line to no, mailscanner errors out with the following message.

Starting MailScanner daemons:
         incoming sendmail: [  OK  ]
         outgoing sendmail: [  OK  ]
         MailScanner:       Configuration file no could not be opened for
reading! at /usr/local/MailScanner/bin/logger.pl line 64.

Bill Anderson
Sterling Communications
(503)885-8908 x225
bill at sterlink.net