V4: uuencoded files and Netscape mail

Dustin Baer dustin.baer at IHS.COM
Mon Oct 14 16:54:24 IST 2002

4.00.0a13-1 - uuencoded attachments don't seem to be properly delivered.

If I do the following:

        uuencode test.txt test.txt | mailx dustin.baer at ihs.com

The email is delivered, but there is no message body shown in Netscape
mail, although the encoded body exists in $MAIL.  When I bypass
MailScanner, the body appears in Netscape mail.

If I zip the file and `uuencode test.zip test.zip | mailx
dustin.baer at ihs.com`, there is no attached zip file, although the
encoded zip file exists in $MAIL.  When I bypass MailScanner, the
test.zip attachment appears in Netscape mail.

Results with Lotus Notes r5:
        - uuencoded zip files arrive as .eml files and have the following
message above the attached file: "[MIME content for this item is stored
in attachment $RFC822.eml.  Parsing MIME content failed: Incorrect
format in MIME data..]" and will display the encoding inline.

Results with Outlook 2000:
        - uuencoded zip files display the uuencoding inline

Can anybody duplicate any of this?

FYI: uuencoding did work properly in 3.23-4 with Netscape mail, and
Lotus Notes

Dustin

--
Dustin Baer