Reinstall problem

Brandon Friedman brandonf at BFCONSULT.CO.ZA
Mon Oct 14 13:11:36 IST 2002

Hi Mike

Thanks

I just found as I received your mail....thanks alot!

--
Regards
Brandon Friedman
Cell:083 408 7840
E-mail: brandonf at bfconsult.co.za
www.bfconsult.co.za

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Mike Kercher
Sent: 14 October 2002 14:10
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Reinstall problem

Ldconfig creates  the  necessary  links  and  cache (for use by the
run-time linker, ld.so) to the most recent
shared libraries found in the directories specified on the command line,
in the file  /etc/ld.so.conf,  and  in
the  trusted  directories  (/usr/lib  and /lib).  ldconfig checks the
header and file names of the libraries it
encounters when determining which versions should have their links
updated.  ldconfig  ignores  symbolic  links
when scanning for libraries.

It should be located in /sbin

Add this line to /etc/ld.so.conf

/usr/local/Sophos/lib