new versions

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Oct 10 22:45:47 IST 2002

At 22:17 10/10/2002, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
> > Before I announce them properly, is there any chance someone could try them
> > out for me please?
> >
> > They appear to work okay for me, but I would appreciate a third party
> > report before announcing them (particularly the V3 release).
>
>Whats changed, what should we look (test) for ?

Check what happens if you allow/ban iframe tags, to see whether you get the
inline warning and the replaced attachment where you should.
Check the MIME parsing basically works okay. This one should be obvious if
it's wrong.
See what reporting you get for Bugbear infections. You should get a
replacement for the entire message that contains about 3 different reports
(iframe warning, virus warning and filename warning).
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ