V4 installation problems..

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Oct 10 00:39:50 IST 2002

At 23:08 09/10/2002, you wrote:
>[root at mx-3 MailScanner-4.00.0a11-1]# rpm -ivh *.rpm

But that isn't what the install.sh script does, nor is it what the
downloads web page tells you to do.

>when running install.sh to install the rpm package it get the above error. i
>also get a lot of the following:
>
>file /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/File/Spec/Mac.pm from install of
>perl-File-Spec-0.82-1 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.0-55

You should ignore all the "conflicts" error messages. It is just trying to
install modules that are already shipped with Perl 5.8. It has to try as
many of them are not shipped with earlier versions of Perl. I'll do some
more work on the install.sh script when I get time.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ