FW: postmaster ruleset - 4.00a10-1

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 8 22:17:33 IST 2002

At 22:03 08/10/2002, you wrote:
>Got this while trying to use a postmaster ruleset in 4.00a10-1.

Does the file /opt/rules/postmaster.rule exist?

As the value of this option can be almost anything (a local postmaster
address may not even have an "@" sign in it), it detects the fact that you
have selected a ruleset if
         a) the value begins with a "/" character,
and     b) the value corresponds to a filename that exists on your system.

Without using tests like this, I would have to double the number of
configuration options, just so that you can say whether each option is a
value or the filename of a ruleset. I don't think anyone wants that :-)

Are you sure you didn't mean
         /opt/MailScanner/etc/rules/postmaster.rule
instead?

>Kris

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ