Report: Possible Microsoft security vulnerability attack

Serge M. Slivitzky serge.slivitzky at FTI-IBIS.COM
Tue Oct 8 14:30:30 IST 2002

Hi all,

I have just switch (last Sunday) to mailscanner and I must say that the installation was painless.

I got 2 warning, this morning, about "Report: Possible Microsoft security vulnerability attack". I looked into the module sweep.pl
to see what triggered it and it didn't seem to depend on  an option in mailscanner.conf.

So what is this check for and is it possible to disable it?

Serge M. Slivitzky
Database Administrator (Mail Admin too)
Forensic Technology