NDPM_File.pm / Locked message ?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 7 18:34:38 IST 2002

At 16:56 07/10/2002, you wrote:
>(The whole setup
>is acting flakey, but that's where the problems is RIGHT now)

:-(

>   The
>NDBM_File.pm error comes up as spamassassin starts. (And every once in a
>while after that)

It appears to be a problem with me doing a "require" versus a "use" on the
SpamAssassin code where it sets up talking to the database file Perl code.

I have added a line to the top of my SpamAssassin code to force it to load
the database file code earlier. This appears to keep SpamAssassin quiet and
gets rid of this warning.

Build 7 is up on the web site with this correction in it.

>I am using the tar distribution on my system.
>Would it be possible to name the tar releases to coincide with the revision
>number like the RPM release is so we can tell if we've got the latest one
>up?

Done.

>Also.  Has the /etc/init.d/mailscanner script changed for v4?  The version I
>have now (from a 3.2x rpm release) does not kill the daemon processes
>properly (or at all).

Getting this script right across different Linuxes, let alone different
Unixes (Unices if you prefer) is nigh on impossible. The latest one seems
to work pretty well though, give it a try.

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ