MRTG on MailScanner 3.23-4

David Lancaster dml at UNB.CA
Mon Oct 7 15:06:15 IST 2002

I've also got a modified setup, graphing incoming mail count and spam
count on the same graph, along with the relative percentage of
spam.  Updating every 5 minutes (should probably be bumped up to smoothen
the graph out, but the spikes keep it interesting...)
Works on the live log file under RH7.3, no need to copy the file
around.  Modified logrotate to swap the file out every 24 hours since it
gets pretty large anyway.

http://spamfilter.csd.unb.ca/

Files are http://spamfilter.csd.unb.ca/mrtg.cfg and
http://spamfilter.csd.unb.ca/logger.pl

logger.pl increments the spam totals based on the number of recipients,
not the number of messages. We get a fair number of multi recipient spam.

I suspect that updating less frequently would remove the big spikes, which
tend to skew the scale around. Could probably do something similar for
viruses...

D.