keyword catch

Chris Campbell Chris.Campbell at FAC.COM
Mon Oct 7 14:39:44 IST 2002

Yes, Spamassasin works well.  I just do not know how to write my own string
matches.  Does anyone do this or know how too?
Christopher S. Campbell
UNIX Admin
First Albany Corp
518.447.8544
chris.campbell at fac.com

                    Jim Levie
                    <jim at ENTROPHY-FREE       To:     MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
                    .NET>                    cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     Re: keyword catch
                    MailScanner
                    mailing list
                    <MAILSCANNER at JISCM
                    AIL.AC.UK>

                    10/07/2002 09:33
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    MailScanner
                    mailing list

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 08:07, Chris Campbell wrote:
>      Hey, I know that mailscanner is mainly a "virus scanner", but with
> your leaps and
> bounds in the security department (outlook, Eudora fixes, GIF email
tests,
> and now HTML ->
> plain text), I was wondering if it would be possible to have a config
file
> that listed line by
> line string searches.  For example, we get hundreds of porn spams a day
> that are *very*
> similar, and blacklisting the sender does not help, as they spam from
> 1232rwdae3ea at domain.com.
> They just change a couple letters in their email address and send the
next
> day fine.  Blocking
> the entire domain is not an option.

Are you not using SpamAssassin with MailScanner? If not you ought to
consider doing so. You can add a local rule(s) to SpamAssassin that
ranks a particular string match high enough to push those messages
containing the string above a "High Scoring Action" and such messages
can be dropped by MailScanner.
--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat
jim at entrophy-free.net