ANNOUNCE: 4.00.0a9 released

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Oct 6 19:29:22 IST 2002

At 13:57 06/10/2002, you wrote:
>Well, it's different now, at least. Here's what I get with the four steps:
>
>[root at verbose etc]# service sendmail stop
>Shutting down sendmail:                                    [FAILED]
>[root at verbose etc]# chkconfig sendmail off
>[root at verbose etc]# chkconfig MailScanner on
>error reading information on service MailScanner: No such file or directory
>[root at verbose etc]# service MailScanner start
>MailScanner: unrecognized service

The rpm command didn't do what I hoped it would (it bails out as soon as it
finds an error, even when you have asked it to install multiple packages.

Yet another virtual Linux machine later (running RedHat 7.1 this time for a
change), and I have written a tiny little install script that installs the
RPMs in an order that meets all the dependencies.

I have put the latest build version on the website, which includes the
script. If you just want to run it, then here it is:

rpm -Uvh tnef*rpm
rpm -Uvh perl-IO-stringy*rpm
rpm -Uvh perl-MIME-Base64*rpm
rpm -Uvh perl-File-Spec*rpm
rpm -Uvh perl-File-Temp*rpm
rpm -Uvh perl-HTML-Tagset*rpm
rpm -Uvh perl-HTML-Parser*rpm
rpm -Uvh perl-MailTools*rpm
rpm -Uvh perl-MIME-tools*rpm
rpm -Uvh perl-Convert-TNEF*rpm
rpm -Uvh mailscanner*rpm

I think RedHat are going to send me to an early grave...
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ