Convert html to plain text

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Oct 4 21:05:18 IST 2002

At 17:17 04/10/2002, you wrote:
>We have a lot of children with email accounts and want a way to have porn
>html email to only have the text and no images.  Thanks.

Has anyone experience of using this?
http://search.cpan.org/author/OVID/HTML-TokeParser-Simple-1.3/

Should be fairly easy to munge HTML into plaintext using this.
Maybe I'll give it a go on a few web pages and see what happens.

One thing that concerns me about doing this is that it is going to
seriously eat CPU. If you start using something like this on a lot of your
mail, you are going to need a more beefy server to do it. But there again,
that's up to you. It'll be off by default.

Using the V4 rules, you will be able to control who gets filtered on a
per-user, per-domain, etc basis, so you can just do it (or not do it) for
specific people.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ