Possible Microsoft security vulnerability attack.

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Thu Oct 3 23:07:57 IST 2002

Would it be better to have mailscanner de-iframe a message?  That way
the newletters will still get thru but less likely to cause problems.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephane Lentz [mailto:Stephane.Lentz at ANSF.ALCATEL.FR]
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 5:14 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Possible Microsoft security vulnerability attack.

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 01:10:15PM -0500, Matt wrote:
> Question.  Why are <iframe> tags needed in email?  What the heck do
> they do anyway?  If they are a significant security risk I want them
> dead!
>
> Just my 2 cents.
>
> Matt

IFRAME are sometimes used to track users, see if users click on some
pages/links. Some companies used it in some newsletters. For instance :
Zd news in France through Newsletter ZDNet. Convince them to stop using
IFRAME ...

IFRAME is  explained on
http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/special/iframe.html

Regards,

SL/
---
Stephane Lentz / Alcanet International - Internet Services